onsdag 11 maj 2011

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer



I'm pretty sure most people know about Twilight by now, so I won't really get into the storyline. In short, though, it's about a teenage girl, Bella, who falls in love with a vampire, Edward. I read the book in 2009 and I was hooked from the first few pages. For two days (a weekend) I did nothing but read and when I was finished I immediately ordered the other books in the series.

I can't really explain why it drew me in the way it did; I just know that I could see Forks, its forests and rainy weather very clear in my head. I liked the feeling I got when reading it; a wet, yet cozy, place. For me, reading Twilight for the first time was more of a...how do I explain it? I felt the story. I sensed Forks. I could almost smell the rain. And, of course, there was Edward Cullen. I've never really cared about the fact that he's a vampire. The vampires and werewolves are not that important to me. I would have liked Edward even if he was just a normal teenage boy. Well, not normal, perhaps. He's very romantic and caring, and all the romantic and beautiful things he says to Bella makes my heart beat faster. And the fact that the most good-looking guy in school falls for a 'plain Jane' who's clumsy and a bit shy, really appeals to me.

There are people who don't like Twilight and who think vampires are silly, but again, it's definitely not about the vampires for me. It's a love story above all. That's what made me a fan of Twilight. The love between Bella and Edward. Their love is so passionate and they really need each other. I love it.

5/5

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar