tisdag 17 maj 2011

Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles



How good was this book? I've been waiting months to read this since I liked Perfect Chemistry. And you know what? I loved this book even more! I found the characters in this book more interesting and I could relate more to Kiara than Brittany (from Perfect Chemistry). Alex and Brittany from the first book are in this one too, but the main characters are Alex's younger brother, Carlos, and Kiara, the girl he falls in love with. Just like in Perfect Chemistry, the two main characters are two very different people. Carlos is a gang member who moves from Mexico to live with his brother in the US. After some time Carlos move in with Kiara and her family due to unfortunate circumstances, and he's not happy with that.

Kiara is not like other girls. She wears large t-shirts and doesn't really care about looks. Carlos finds Kiara annoying at first and tries to avoid her, but it's her job to make sure he settles in at school, so she's around him most of the time. As time goes by, both of them begin to realize that there is something between them - or rather that there could be something between them. But Carlos is afraid to let anyone in and Kiara is afraid to get her heart broken.

I can't tell you much more, because I don't want to give it all away, but it was definitely one of the best books I've read. Too bad I read it so quickly.

5/5

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar