måndag 9 maj 2011

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

Let me say this first: I'm weak for Romeo and Juliet type of books where boy meets girl, but they're from two different worlds. Stories where the two main characters have to fight for their love always catch my eye ;)

Perfect Chemistry is about a teenage girl named Brittany. She's one of the popular girls, comes from the 'right' side of town. One day her teacher makes her work on a project together with Alex, a hispanic gang member from the 'wrong' part of town. At first they drive each other insane, because they don't like each other and they are so different from one another. They also have a lot of prejudices against each other. But, as time goes by they get to know each other and they fall in love. However,they have a lot of things to overcome. Will they be able to continue to be together, or will their differences, and other people, drive them apart?

I LOVED this books! I liked Elkeles' writing and the story appealed to me. The only thing that I wasn't satiesfied with was the character of Brittany. I didn't get to know her well enough. I felt like I go to know Alex a lot better. I'm not sure why, though, since the books is told from both Alex's and Brittany's point of view.

All in all a very good book! I'm looking forward to reading Rules of Attraction.

4/5

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar